Like other streaming music services, Tidal protects the entire music library from being downloaded. To make Tidal music playable on different devices, efficient ripping methods are being sought by many people.
In this circumstance, the Tidal ripper was born to solve this problem. There are plenty of choices in the market nowadays. So here comes another question, which Tidal Ripper is better?
In this article, we’ve rounded up the top 3 best tools for you to refer to. They are Athame Tidal Downloader, AudKeep Tidal Downloader, and DRmare Tidal Capture. Let’s dive in.
Top 1. Athame Tidal Downloader (Windows / Mac / Linux)
Athame Tidal downloader is a free-source Tidal ripper published on GitHub. Currently, it specializes in downloading music from Tidal music services. Please noted that it is for private and educational use only. And any piracy and distribution are illegal.
How to Use Athame Downloader to Rip Tidal Music
- Copy the Tidal track link and paste it to the “URL” box of Athame.
- Tap “Add” to add tracks to the download queue.
- Click “Start” to start ripping music from Tidal.
- Free of charge.
- It is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- The real-time ripping process takes a long time.
- The output sound quality is lossy.
- The issue of “Tidal downloader Athame not working” happens a lot.
Top 2. AudKeep Tidal Downloader (Windows / Mac)
AudKeep Tidal Music Converter is a new star of Tidal HIFI ripper. It is more than a stream ripper for Tidal since it is able to download Tidal music with keeping 100% original quality.
Properly speaking, this Tidal downloader is able to download Tidal HIFI / MQA quality without touching the original music files. Integrated with Tidal web player, AudKeep provides a simple interface for every Tidal HiFi and Premium subscriber.
Besides, AudKeep is also a dedicated Tidal converter. Once you loading Tidal music to this tool, you can convert Tidal to lossless FLAC, WAV, MP3, M4A, etc. with a few hits. To download a 5-minute Tidal song only takes 1 minute.
Main Features of AudKeep Tidal Music Converter
- Batch import and download Tidal tracks
- Convert Tidal to MP3 and other formats
- Save 100% Hi-Res quality and metadata
- Get Tidal free trial to 6 months and longer
After you download Tidal playlists, you can store these Tidal music files forever on the computer. Furthermore, it’s easy to transfer Tidal tracks to other portable devices for playback.
How to Rip Tidal Music via AudKeep
- Launch AudKeep and change Tidal output parameters by menu > “Preferences” > “Advanced”.
- Select Tidal tracks on AudKeep’s interface and click “Convert” to start conversion.
- Hit “Converted” to locate the converted Tidal songs on the local computer.
- Convert Tidal tracks at 10X faster speed
- Save 100% lossless Tidal sound quality
- Output Tidal to FLAC, WAV, MP3, and many more formats
- Offer a simple interface for easy operation
- Only use on Windows computer and Mac
- Need to buy the Premium plan to get all features
Top 3. DRmare Tidal Audio Capture (Windows / Mac)
The last tool on this list is DRmare Audio Capture. It’s a complete and professional music ripper for all kinds of streaming music services, not only for Tidal.
Like other Tidal music rippers, it records Tidal music in real-time. What’s more, it can detect the silence gap between each track. Then divide the ripping Tidal tracks into independent files. Users are available to save the ripping Tidal songs to FLAC, MP3, WAV, and more depending on any unique need.
The edit option is one of the highlights. Open the ‘Edit’ icon, you can edit Tidal music and trim it into small segments. You can also change the ID3 tags, like the artists, album art, year, etc.
How to Rip Music from Tidal via Drmare
- Open DRmare and reset the output settings by unfold the menu. Then go to “Preferences” > “Advanced”.
- Pick and load Tidal tracks to DRmare and start to convert.
- Click “History” to access the local folder that save the converted Tidal music files.
- Edit Tidal audio tracks in an ideal way
- Rip music from any music and video sources
- Record several Tidal songs simultaneously
- Some errors occur when not using the Chrome browsers
- The free trial has a time limit
- The real-time recording takes a long time
Part 4. Conclusion
This topic introduces the top 3 Tidal rippers to satisfy Windows, macOS, and Linux users. The AudKeep Tidal Downloader is should be the winner in the aspect of conversion speed and output quality. Anyway, you are free to make your decision.